Friday, April 28, 2006

Let's talk about cobbing

I know that when you start a small business that consumes a great deal of your time and passion, you typically end up in the evening exactly where you began the day - thinking and talking about IT. That's an occupational hazard I guess.

But what I've grown to dislike about this particular business is that even if you can put IT aside for an evening or weekend, some people cannot. If I were a carpenter, I doubt whether folks I run into at the market would ask me about the last load of lumber I used. Well I don't think they would. Don't misunderstand, I appreciate the genuine interest and concern, but frankly I'm often tired of discussing beer and brewing.

It's funny, but I was so proud of our little project when we first started it (I'm still proud today btw), that I was a little upset if my friends didn't ask me how things were going. I still love brewing and beer and the friends they have introduced to me. But do me a favor, the next time you see me, let's talk about cobbing.

1 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom,
I have to say its difficult to talk about something other than beer without knowing you better. Most beer nuts know you for the wonderful beers you produce, akin to Mickey Mantle for people that have tried playing baseball. Do you think that they want to ask questions of the Mick about cobbing or about baseball? So you are somewhat of a superstar to us. Not in a weird way, just that you are very good at what you do and we hope to get some insight.
Just my 2 cents. Keep brewing, and I will ask you about cobbing next time. Cheers Cornboy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home