Thursday, June 01, 2006

Here we go again

Well, here's another post about RATEBEER. It may seem as though I exclusively pick on these folks and their reviews, but the truth is, there's just so much to pick on. I admit that I'm a troll. I don't post there and I've given up looking at the reviews, but I do like to see what folks find interesting.

The latest is a piece by some dude called OAKES. He may be mr. RATEBEER or perhaps just a member, I'm not sure. His spiel is about 'Ten beers you don't need to try'. Now, while this may be his opinion, and he's entitled to it, in my opinion, posts like this are just stupid. Like .... 'here's my favorite five beers to get a girl into bed' or 'top ten beers to show your boss that you have what it takes to succeed'. It doesn't matter which beers mr. OAKES selected, because the mere exercise is a kitchen full of useless gadgets.

Beer is a wonderful thing. Do I get upset when my sister orders a Bud Lite when I take her to a brewpub? Sure, but I wouldn't chastise her for ordering the brewery's Golden Ale.

Beer with flavor is the key and in my book if you drink flavorful beers, I want to drink with you, cowboy.

5 Comments:

At 2:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hear, hear! Busting people's chops over what beers they do or do not choose to drink just seems to make the whole experience less fun. And what's beer drinking if it's not fun?

 
At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I think the point of the article was that while SOME of the beers mentioned are good beers, they are not the best examples of the style. I agree with him here, 3F Alpha King is better than Sierra, Sly Fox Pikeland is better than Pilsner Urquell, and McNeill's Browns are better than Newcastle. Those were the questionable ones, I think the rest listed are pretty bad though.

 
At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you know that the OPINION is holy to these people - no matter how ill-informed??

"Opinions are like assholes - everybody's got one but that doesn't mean they should be seen in public."

Love Dean.

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have read the article first, as opposed to just assuming you knew what it's about and then posting your opinion about it.

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have read the article first, as opposed to just assuming you knew what it's about and then posting your opinion about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home